Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Piecing to beat the band

Ok. I'm not sure what that means, but I am almost done with this quilt top and you will hear a loud WOOHOO! when that happens. This is one that I am finishing for a friend, blue and red stars, a very beginner pattern, however, this has taken me several hours to finish, there are no blocks, construction is in rows. I am on the down side of finishing her ufo's. I delivered 3 to her already and there are a total of 4 here to quilt and bind. Yes, she wants me to totally finish them. I never say yes when someone asks if I will quilt for them, she must have caught me in a volunerable moment. It soon will be a memory.
In between this I pieced a top for me. I used the Rocky Road to Kansas pattern and had collected blues and browns from my scraps to use. I will post a picture in my next post. There is nothing flashy about it, however my sister says it is very easy to look at. I tried to tell my husband it was a free quilt because it all came from scraps left from other projects. I'm not sure he bought it. I told him it didn't cost anything right now, it did at one time, but not now. So, there are several tops to quilt before I get back to piecing.
On a non-quilting note, I am dieting again and exercising. When I make the decision to get to it, I can be successful. I returned to Weight Watchers. I am a lifetime member. I'm having trouble incorporating all the water in my day, I haven't got totally in the swing of things yet.
Time to get on the treadmill.
Have a good day,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment