Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This and that

I haven't been blogging about quilting lately. I have three of my friends pieces quilted and the binding is on all three. I need to sew the binding down and those will be done. I put the others aside for now. I'm finally back to the two baby quilts I basted several months ago. It took me some time to find the fabric I set aside for the binding. It was in the last place I looked and the last place it could have been. I am pondering the yellow whole cloth quilt I will design for Isabel. When these are done, that will be what I tackle next.
Let me tell you about a new dish I fixed for supper last night. I made squash pancakes out of shredded zucchini and summer squash. There has been lots of experiments around this household with the abundance of garden produce. I did not take pictures, however, I will make sure to have my camera ready from now on. I shredded the squash and added a little salt to start the weeping process. I put it in a colander, somewhere I read to squeeze it in a kitchen towel but I could see it sticking and making a mess. After this sets and you think all the water that you can squeeze is out. Put it in a bowl and add and egg, some dry bread crumbs, I added parsley, some basil chopped onion, garlic powder and pepper. Mix it up, make patties and fry it in some canola oil.
This is a keeper for us. We always discuss the concoctions I come up with so I don't make something again that wasn't a hit the first time.
I dried some basil leaves the other day. They didn't take long. And another batch of squash. I am looking forward to drying tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment