Thursday, November 11, 2010

Burgoyne Surrounded Done!

I finished quilting the Burgoyne Surrouned quilt, got it off the frame and have it squared up. Boy, it was an ordeal. The thread kept breaking. I did everything I knew how to do to adjust the machine, and nothing helped. This morning I had to pick out some stitches before I gave it my last go. I put in a new needle and loaded different thread. Still did it. Maybe I will stay away from black thread for awhile.
Time to do something other than quilt for a couple of days.
Have a good day,
Carolyn

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One done and one in the frame!

Progress on the Kaleidoscope quilt I am making for Christmas. It is done! I finished quilting it and added the binding and put in the last stitch yesterday. Now to make a label and one done! Woohoo! I loaded the Carolina Christmas quilt on Sunday and I am more than half way on the quilting. I need to make more Kaleidoscope blocks for the other quilt. I think I will make this one longer than the one I just finished. It measures 88 x 96. I think one more row and make it 104" long. That would mean a total of 120 blocks. Boy, am I glad they make up pretty quick. I'm not sure how many I have done right now.
Have a good day,
Carolyn

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

finished piecing all the blocks and the top is together

The kaleidoscope quilt top is together and looking for border fabric. I really wanted to get it in the frame today. Maybe not. The trip to Tennesse was cancelled. I will be heading to BG on Thursday.
Have a Great Day!
Carolyn

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Have all the kaleidoscope blocks done

I finished all the blocks for one of the Christmas quilts. I have them laying on the floor not sewn in rows yet. I have more than half the blocks for the other one done also. I hope to have them together by Monday so I can get them quilted and bound before we leave for Tennesse so I can attach the binding in the car. Today I am going to join by bee in sewing cancer pillows. But before I go there I want to visit a new quilt shop that opened in the area.
Have a great Day!
Carolyn

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Finally finished quilting!

I finally finished quilting the morning glory quilt. I totally free motioned quilted it. I am improving and am happy with my progress. Today I will be cutting pieces for the two quilts I will be giving for Christmas presents. I think they will be the same pattern, the kaleidoscope. Scrappy.  Yesterday my machine was making a squeaking sound in the bobbin area after it got going, but then it would subside. I tore appart the bobbin area on the bottom, cleaned out lots of debris. It still squeaked, got to thinking I might have to take it in and have it looked at, started to freak. I couldn't think of not having it here. So, I called Dave and he instructed me to put a drop of oil on the bobbin case. That fixed it. Good.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More finishes!

I am making progress on my UFO's. I finished the morning glory quilt I started around 1998 or 1999, can't remember which. I appliqued 9 blocks for it and sashed it and added a mitered border and got it marked for the quilting. I got it basted on Labor Day and will start machine quilting it soon.
I have the Carolina Christmas top done and the Burgoyne Surrounded basted, when they are done I will quilt the Mariners Compass and the round robin before I start in on the last of the ufo's.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finishes and UFO's

I finished all the quilts for the fair. Judging was last evening and I received first place ribbons on all five entries. There were very few entries and that is sad. Next year I will try to bring something for every catagory. I always follow the rules and only bring things finished since last fair. However, I was able to finish more than I had anticipated and have two ready to go for next year. I have the storm at sea wallhanging and the almost amish piece earmarked for next fair.
I am trying to finish all my UFO's before I start anything new. It is a struggle to stay on course sometimes. I brought down a pineapple I started years ago using the pineapple ruler from Possibilities. Beth gave me the instruction sheet she had for it and it called for 2 1/2" strips. I had planned on making 30 blocks apparently, that was the pieces and parts I found. They all don't measure the same and it has lost its luster. I just can't get back into it. I made a pineapple quilt with the Quilt in a day series book. It is done and quilted. I have decided this one is just never going to get any more of my time.
I will get the moring glory out that I started sooooooooooo long ago. I have one more block to applique'.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Almost Fairtime!

I have one more quilt to finish before next Sunday. I have enterred several in the county fair.